top of page

Passport Name Change

Global Passport Express specializes in expediting Passports and Visas for our clients. 


We can help you if:


  • You have a departure date within 14 days.

  • You have a departure date within 28 days and you need a visa.


If your passport was issued less than a year from the date of issue and you need your name changed or corrected, you just need to pay the expedite fee to the US State Department and our service fee.

The Required Documents We Need From You

  • Signed U.S. Passport issued within the last 12 months.

  • One (1) signed and dated letter from your company on company letterhead.


Should include the following:

  1. Company Letterhead

  2. Your full name

  3. Purpose of the trip

  4. Destination (city/country) 

  5. Beginning and end dates of travel

  6. Signed by supervisor or business owner (if you own the business, you can sign)

  • In order to change your name on your passport, you must have an original court ordered name change or original marriage certificate.

  • One (1) signed completed online application Form DS-5504 and bar-coded.

  • One (1) 2x2 Passport photo (no glasses, no headbands) taken within the last 6 months. We can take your passport photos for $20

  • Two (2) letters of authorization signed and dated. Check top two boxes and include phone number.

  • Copy of the flight itinerary from a travel agent/airline showing a travel date of 14 days or less. 1 month if needing a visa. 

  1. You can also provide an original letter with an original signature, from your employer describing the overseas trip, if traveling on business. 

  2. If driving to Mexico or Canada, please provide a letter stating your travel plans and the purpose of your trip. Please state your travel dates in the letter

  • One (1) Check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State for $79.53 (Expedited service fee)

      Add your Full Name and Date of Birth on the memo section of your                check.

In order to change the name on your passport, you must have an original court ordered name change or original marriage certificate. 

Don't worry, we're going to walk you through it right now...

Step 1.
Call us at 210-375-7525  

We'll have a quick conversation to learn about your request and then schedule an appointment with you for the next available opening.  The next step is to get your paperwork together...

Step 2.

Print this checklist so you don't miss anything.  


Step 3. 

Complete these documents.

Form DS-82

Complete the online form below.  Print three copies with bar code included.

If we have to fill it out during the appointment there may be an extra fee.

Letter of Authorization

Print, complete and sign it.  Make a copy and bring both to the appointment. 


Step 4. 

Collect The Remaining Documents

Use your printed checklist to collect the additional documents that are needed. Again it's critical that all of the documents, including the necessary number of copies are collected prior to your appointment.

We'd suggest keeping all documents in a folder with the checklist at the top.

If you have questions about any of the documents, please call us at 210-375-7525.

Global Passport Express provides services on behalf of our clients and is not a government agency.

The fees for services provided by Global Passport Express are charged to the client upfront. These fees are not based on whether the various government entities that we work with approve or decline your application.

Global Passport Express is not responsible for and has no control over delays caused by any government agency and/or mail delivery service or any other third party that is used in the process. This includes errors and/or omissions by the client on any of the required documents that are required.

Fees and timeframes are subject to change without notice and are beyond the control of Global Passport Express.  These are the most accurate fees and timeframes available to us at this time. 

It is critical that all the steps above are followed in order to ensure a smooth process and avoid as many delays as possible with the government agencies that we work with.

Some common issues that cost you more time and money are:

  • Incomplete Applications (missing info, missing signatures, etc.)

  • Missing/Inaccurate Identification Documents

  • Notarized incorrectly or not at all.

bottom of page